2013 Flex and Taurus shoppers will see the updated MyFord Touch installed from the factory, with Ford beginning to send updates to current customers in the mail via a USB flash drive. Other upcoming 2013 models will come stock with the newest software.
Here’s some key changes:
- Bolder text and simpler graphics for ease of control
- Improved touchscreen response time and system stability
- Increased phone compatibility
- Support for tablet computers and Audible audiobooks
- Enhanced voice recognition
- Improved navigation with the newest maps
Ford will start sending out the USB drives this week, along an SD card containing the new nav system maps. Customers can update their vehicles themselves in around an hour, or take their vehicle to the local Ford or Lincoln dealer to have it done for them. The update will affect around 300,000 model-year 2011-2012 Ford and Lincoln vehicles.